DMOnetworks Direct-Mode technology is based on the robust and reliable GSM protocol. Devices are self synchronizing and thus can communicate with each other by voice and data without the need for any support from the network.
Each device is also a repeater, enabling an ad hoc dynamic mesh network, extending the range of operation and overcoming obstacles. Ideal for Urban environment, in-building coverage and remote areas.
· Repeater delay is only 1.3 msec. Moreover, retransmission can be done on the same channel or a different channel to bridge between different groups.
The number of hops can be configured according to specific needs. Typically, it is enough to allow 3 hops for sufficient in- building or urban coverage.
· When the repeater is operated, it is transparent to the user so it doesn’t interfere nor impact any other Direct-Mode or Smartphones’ performance.
· The repeater will relay all data on the active channel. However, only users assigned to the same group, will be privy to the communication.
Gateway function enables bridging 2-way communication between the Direct-mode mobile ad hoc network and any PTT network service. It takes just one member of the group to be on the network for every member of the group to also have full access to the network.
The gateway mode is enabled by the Direct-Mode app on the smartphone android environment, interacting with the PTT client app within the same android environment. Added delay time by the Direct-Mode app is zero.
The Direct-Mode App resides on the Android level of the Mobile device and can be easily installed like any of the shelf App. It has three roles:
1. Interfacing with other Applications, such as a Network PTT service, Location, Messaging, Mobile Device Management (MDM).
2. Administering the settings of the Direct-Mode: Channels, Groups, Repeater On/Off, Volume, User ID.
3. User Interface for operating Direct-Mode communication.